We at 8rafiki Oy (8rafiki Oy, Pyhäjärvenkatu 5 A 25, 33200 Tampere, Finland, hereinafter referred to as
“8rafiki”) are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and other visitors who use our
“we”, “us” and “our” as the context require) process your personal data. For the purposes of this
Shadeshares’ websites, products and services, which collect personal data or which are linked to this
What personal information is collected?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- your name;
- your date of birth;
- your contact phone number;
- your email;
- your postal address;
- your payment details;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website;
- details of your visit to the website and any transactions you carry out on the website; and
- any other information you have voluntarily given us.
other sources if it is legal to do so. This includes from people you have authorised to provide
information on your behalf (for example, parents or guardians), third-party service providers,
government, tax or law-enforcement agencies, and others.
How information is used?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing our products and services to you;
- processing and keeping personal information relating to your credit or debit card and order details so we can fulfil your order; and
- dealing with your any queries or refunds.
We may also use the information for the following purposes:
- marketing our products and services to you;
- carrying out customer-service surveys to make sure we continually improve our services to you;
- helping us review, develop and improve our products and services;
- letting you know about changes to our products and services;
- responding to and dealing with any claims made against us;
We may do this if we have legitimate interests in carrying out direct marketing, in measuring the level of
customer satisfaction, in improving our products and services, and in managing our relationship with
We may also use the information for:
- carrying out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions (when you buy a product
We can do this if it is in our legitimate interest. For example, we may carry out identity checks or
checks to identify any problems with your payment details.
We may also use the information to:
- keep to laws or regulations which apply to us, including preventing or detecting when we fail to
- do so;
- maintaining records for tax purposes;
- defending any claims and other corporate purposes; and
- managing and dealing with insurance claims.
We collect you personal information when you register yourself as an our customer through the website
or by email at email@example.com or by providing us personal information about yourself, including your
email address, name and contact details. You may also have to supply your personal information to us
by entering a competition on our website in which case we will only use this information for the
purposes of providing a reply, reviewing any feedback or improving the website.
If you are simply browsing our website, we will not collect any information which will identify you by
name. However, we will collect information using cookies or traffic data which uses IP addresses or
other numeric identifiers, which analyse how people use our website.
More information on cookies is set out below.
How information is kept?
We will keep personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary (or as defined under laws and
regulations which apply) to provide products and services, including aftercare services, and to maintain
records as needed to satisfy tax and other legal or regulatory requirements, as well as to protect and
defend against claims.
Who personal information is shared with?
We may reveal your personal information to other members of the 8rafiki for any of the purposes set
We may reveal your personal information to other people, including in the following circumstances:
- We use other organisations to help us process personal information but they are not allowed to use it for other purposes. We may use the information we receive from other organisations to add to and improve our databases of customer details.
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations, including the police and other law-enforcement agencies to prevent and detect fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of those checks to use in future security checks.
- If a claim is made, or could be made, against us or other members of the 8rafiki, we may pass personal information to our insurers and our lawyers and other advisors.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may reveal personal information about you to the prospective seller or buyer of that business or the assets.
- If we (or substantially all of our assets) are bought or taken over by another organisation (or there is a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information we hold about customers will be one of the assets transferred.
- We may pass your personal information to others to keep to any legal obligation (including court orders), to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use of website or other agreements we have with you, or to protect our rights, property and safety or those of our customers, employees or others.
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored and processed in one or more countries
outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
If we transfer your personal information to others outside of the EEA, we take extra steps in line with
applicable data-protection laws. These include contract terms approved by the EU Commission with
the relevant organisations receiving your personal information.
We also take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is adequately protected in line
with the requirements of each time applicable data-protection law.
How my personal information can be updated or changed?
You are able to update or change your personal information by signing in to your account (if you are
our registered customer), or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights relating to your personal information
You have certain rights under applicable data-protection legislation, including the option to:
- access your personal information – we may charge a fee if we are allowed to do so by law;
- correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- erase your personal information and prevent further processing in specific circumstances and where there is no other legal reason for us to continue keeping or processing that information.
These include for example: (a) if the personal information is no longer needed in relation to the
purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; (b) if you withdraw your permission;
- if you object to us processing your personal information; (c) if you ask us to stop processing your personal information (although we are entitled to store your personal information, we cannot further process it if you ask us not to); (d) if we move or transfer your personal information to another organisation; and (e) if you object to us processing your personal information in the following circumstances (i) if processing is based on legitimate interests or carrying out a task in the public interest or when exercising an official authority, (ii) if information is processed for direct marketing, or (iii) if information is processed for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
customer, contact email@example.com or fill in an online form.
You have a right to complain to the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman. They can investigate
whether organisations are keeping to data-protection law. See more information from the following
Changes to marketing preferences
You may change your marketing preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe link and
instructions on the marketing emails we send you.
Protecting personal information
We use a variety of security technology and procedures to help protect your personal information from
unauthorised access and use. Examples of these are shown below:
- Encryption, meaning that information is hidden so that it cannot be read without special knowledge (such as a password).
- Controlling access to systems and networks as this allows us to stop people who are not allowed to view your personal information from getting access to it.
- Training our staff so we make them aware of how to handle information and how and when to report when something goes wrong.
- Regular testing of our technology and ways of working, including keeping up to date on the latest security updates.
We accept no responsibility for them or the privacy practices they use, or for any loss or damage that
may arise from you using those websites or resources.
posted on our website.
Last updated Tue 17.09 2019
© 8rafiki Oy. All rights reserved.